Today is our one month anniversary and I would like to thank each of you for taking the time from your precious life to read, like, share and comment on this blog. I have started this project with very humble expectations and your support has impacted me immensely and has made me believe and dream big. There you go! you never know how your actions can impact someone’s life, so always be kind.
And to celebrate, oh do I have a treat for you! This is a sweet and good-for-you treat. My friends at Caribbean Liquid Sugar have given me a bottle of each of their “Shugas” and I want to share them with you.
Their liquid sweeteners are called Hey Shuga! and Lil’ Shuga! These are 100% USDA organic syrups. Hey Shuga! is made from sugar cane and Lil’ Shuga! is a combination of sugar cane and stevia. They are both completely natural, no preservatives, no artificial anything, GMO free, gluten free, kosher and vegan friendly.
I am regularly using this product and find there are so many reasons to do so:
- 1 teaspoon of Lil’Shuga! = 1 tablespoon regular sugar so you end up using less and obtaining the same amount of sweetness.
- They are better for you than corn syrup.
- Their consistency is thinner than honey therefore pours and blends much easier.
- Lil’Shuga! only has 5 calories per serving (1 teaspoon).
- I don’t need to have a gazillion sweeteners in my pantry, the Shugas can sweeten it all.
I use them in smoothies, cocktails, salad dressings, when baking, drizzled over cheese and in my upcoming salted caramel recipe. You name it, the possibilities are endless.
Would you like to try them? I will be giving away one bottle of each to one lucky winner!
Here is how to win:
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me how you would use the Shugas.
2. Like hungryfoodlove on Facebook (leave a separate comment in this post saying you did)
***If you already liked us, then share our facebook page encouraging your friends to like us and leave a separate comment in this post saying you did.
All entries must be in by 5pm EST Monday, Oct 22. The winner will be announced in our facebook page that evening! Winner will be randomly selected and prize will be shipped to US addresses, only.
Disclaimer: Opinions are honest. I was not monetarily compensated to write this post. Caribbean Liquid Sugar is providing the prize.