As an “adult”, something I don’t need to be reminded of anymore is to eat my greens. I am in love with greens and feel it is so easy to eat them specially when they are creatively added to traditional recipes like in these incredibly good turkey meatballs, or when juicing them along with my favorite fruits.
The trick for me is to get greens that are super clean and literally ready-to-use. A line of greens that I completely recommend is Nature’s Greens, which are produced by WP Rawl, a leading producer of fresh bulk and packaged greens, based in Pelion, SC. Their greens are tripled-washed and of such high quality… no waste there. What’s better, they offer kale, collard, mustard and turnip greens, along with greens blends all year round.
For this recipe I used Nature’s Greens kale which can be found in Whole Foods, Wegmans, and Walmart and which comes in one or two pound packages. Kale is my favorite green. If you have never cooked with it, just replace spinach for kale in any recipe and start enjoying the benefits of this superfood.
Nature’s Greens is currently giving away a Nutribullet Blender through their “Sip Your Nature’s Greens Contest” and all you have to do is pin to win! Are you on Pinterest? I am! Take a look at my Sip Your Nature’s Greens Contest board. Go ahead, create one too, and you will have a chance to win. The rules to enter the contest are simple:
- Start by following @NaturesGreens on Pinterest
- Create a board called Sip Your Nature’s Greens Contest
- Pin to your board at least 5 images from Nature’s Greens “Sip Your Greens” board with the hashtag #sipyourNaturesGreens
And that is it! …all you need to do next is to make sure you send a link of your board to email@example.com to enter the giveaway. If you want to increase your chances of winning, read about the extra entries options on the image below.
These turkey meatballs packed with kale are a perfect way to introduce Nature’s Greens kale to your family. Not only you will be adding healthy greens to your meal but I also found that the chopped kale made the turkey meat so moist.
The other secret to why this particular recipe is so good, and tastes so fresh is the lemon. Drizzling the meatballs with lemon juice and lemon zest brightens up the kale flavor and adds a perfect summery touch. Toss some pasta with the meatballs and you will be ready to enjoy a complete meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- In a bowl combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, chopped kale, egg, salt and pecorino cheese until everything has been blended well.
- Take about a tablespoon of the turkey meat mixture and start forming the meatballs to about the size of a golf ball.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large frying pan on medium heat and gently cook the meatballs for 10 mins to lightly brown.
- In another pan heat the remaining three tablespoons of olive oil with the minced garlic and lemon zest and cook for about one minute. Toss the meatballs in this garlic and lemon infused olive oil and pour the lemon juice over them. Cook for about 5 more minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- You can add some more kale to this dish by adding it to the pan during the last minute just so it takes some of the lemon flavor and wilts a little.
- Add meatballs to your pasta of choice and serve along with extra grated pecorino cheese.
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.