Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign, however all opinions are 100% my own.
The recipe I am sharing today will be your next Thanksgiving highlight: Creamed Kale! What is so special about it? Well, hear me out:
- If you are a kale lover, I think this is an amazing way to enjoy it.
- If you love creamed spinach, then this is the recipe for you, just swap spinach for kale and discover how good it is for you.
- If you don’t eat much leafy greens but enjoy creamy things, then this recipe is for you for sure.
- This is not your ol’ same ol’ creamed greens, this is Almond Milk Creamed Kale, which was made with almond milk, almond butter, toasted almonds and other secret ingredients that help the almond flavor rise and shine in your mouth.
I say: WIN, WIN WIN… you must try this recipe! – talking about wining, read below about an exciting contest!
I have been buying Nature’s Greens for a while now and I truly love them because there is nothing more convenient than buying Kale all clean, chopped and ready to eat and cook. For this recipe, I opened up a bag, dropped the kale on the skillet with some butter and that was it. It definitely beats having to take care of the thick kale stems; you won’t find them on a Nature’s Greens bag. In my area (NY state) you can buy Nature’s Greens at Walmart, Whole Foods and Wegmans. Besides kale, they offer a complete line of triple-washed, ready-to-use greens such as collard, mustard and turnip greens, along with greens blends, and they are sold fresh year-round.
So there you go, that’s how this recipe rocks! And it is so good, that I am even entering my recipe in the “Show Us Your Heritage” Recipe Contest by WP Rawl. The grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to South Carolina. Trip includes round-trip, airfare for two , two-night hotel stay and $1,000 spending money. WOW! All you got to do is find or create a family heritage recipe using Nature’s Greens cooking greens and submit it to WIN. Find out more details below or visit the contest website here.
Go ahead and enter this contest, the prize is so good you should not pass this opportunity to WIN!
BTW, What else would you serve this Thanksgiving? I love to recreate traditional dishes and give them a new twist for people to enjoy them even more. Last year I made Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Warm Pancetta Vinaigrette, as well as Ginger Peanut Green Beans. They were both a hit.
I think my almond milk creamed kale will surprise everyone this year too. Next week I plan to share an awesome recipe for Thanksgiving stuffing/dressing, so stay tuned.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces, Nature’s Greens Kale
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 drop pure almond extract (not imitation flavoring)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A handful almond slivers, toasted
- Salt, to taste
- Melt 3 tablespoon of butter on a large skillet or pot over medium heat.
- Add kale in increments until it all fits in the pot as the bottom kale starts to wilt.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Keep cooking until all gets wilted and cooked through for extra
- tender kale.
- Taste kale to determine how crunchy or tender you would like it.
- While kale cooks down, melt 1 stick of butter in another pot.
- Sprinkle in cornstarch and whisk together over medium heat for five minutes or until light golden brown.
- Add onion and garlic cooking for another minute.
- Pour in almond milk and add a tiny, very small drop of pure almond extract.
- Season with salt to taste, add a pinch of nutmeg and whisk constantly until milk thickens into a cream consistency.
- Go back to your kale, before finishing the cooking process, add almond butter and honey until well combined.
- Add kale to the cream sauce stirring gently to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with toasted almond slivers.