Love is one of my favorite topics. I really get excited because, as cliche as it may sound, I am a true lover of love. I have experienced all sorts of love. From infatuating, to unconditional, to everlasting; even tough love and puppy love. Let’s not forget about fraternal, spiritual and self love too. But nothing can compare to the sweetest of them all, maternal love.
Through these experiences, I have learned that teaching by example is going to be part of this giving and receiving love process, specially in the role of a mother. Becoming Little L’s mom has been one of the sweetest gifts. It is through my example that she is becoming the awesome little girl that she is. Sometimes it is hard to be a mom when there is so much to do and so little time to give her my all, but when I smile and she smiles back, I am reminded that you are only going to get as much as you pour. For every smile I give her, she gives me ten more back and for every hug and kiss, I get a ton more in reply. Love really is sweet and Little L more than ever has shown me that we must be willing to add and give the quality of love we want to receive. That is why I am committed to make my loved ones truly feel loved. Life is here and now and I don’t want get any less than sweet love.
Now, how about we start testing this concept by making a batch of these wonderful muffins and sharing them with your loved ones for V-day? I promise you will be loved!
It all starts with fresh strawberry love. Lots of it.
Blended together a few staple baking ingredients, plus a secret ingredient: brown butter and you will have the base for these fresh strawberry muffins.
I am telling you, the more strawberries the better.
You will only get as much as you pour.
Adding brown butter icing made them even better. To make brown butter icing, just brown some butter, mix with powered sugar and add as much water needed to achieve your desired consistency.
Want more strawberries? Top the muffins with a fresh heart shaped strawberry piece.
Sweet love indeed!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- To make the brown butter, place butter in a sauce pan, over medium high heat until it starts to brown.
- Bring heat to low and watch the butter carefully as you want it to keep browning but not burn all the way.
- Set brown butter aside to cool.
- Once brown butter has cool down, beat it together with the sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add milk and blend well.
- In a separate bowl sift together dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients without over beating it.
- Fold in fresh chopped strawberries.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, cupcake liners are not necessary.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.