I am crazy about tarts. A flaky, buttery shell can hold your favorite filling and transform it into something extra special. With the help of a tart pan and store-bought pie crust you could be putting together a spectacular dessert in no time. Like this White Chocolate Tart, that it only requires you to melt white chocolate, mix it with mascarpone cheese, and whipped cream. That’s it! You got yourself a luscious, smooth, and rich filling that can be topped with fruit or topping of choice.
After the tarts are baked, fill them and get creative by topping them with a patterned edible decor.
- 1 sheet store-bought pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 Lindt White Classic Recipe Chocolate Bar (4.4 ounces)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Grapes or other fruit for topping
- You will also need:
- - 4 mini tart pans
- - Baking beans or coins with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Cover tartlets with pie crust and firmly press the crust to cover the tart shape on the base and sides.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the tarts with a fork and use baking beans to avoid tart from getting too many bubbles. Another idea is to use coins but you will have to place a layer of parchment paper in between.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let tarts cool and in the meantime prepare filling.
- Whip cream and sugar and set aside.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate.
- Once melted, take chocolate off heat and add mascarpone cheese blending well.
- Add whipped cream and fold gently.
- Use this mixture to fill tartlets.
- Top with fruit of choice and refrigerate for at least 3 hours if you want a more solid filling or eat as is for a soft center.
Disclaimer: I was not monetarily compensated by Lindt to write this post. I received sample products that helped me put together this post. All opinions are 100% my own.