I know, I know. My post title can be misleading and I am sorry for that. The truth is that I have yet grilled outside this season, which means this corn was grilled inside. Additionally, my patio (see below) is definitely not an outdoor oasis but my dream is to change this and finally be able to grill corn in a beautiful outdoor setting, hence the title of this post. My bad if I confused you, the good news is that today I am sharing ideas on how to bring a dingy patio back to live, and next week I will reveal the before and after pics, as well as more alfresco entertaining ideas aside from this amazing Mexican-style street corn.
Here are my tips:
- Reuse existing items when possible: I currently have some patio furniture and cushions that I plan to reuse.
- Consider bright and bold colors: Adding new and brightly-colored items is the most simple and budget-friendly way to make a big impact.
- Match your personality: Make sure your decor is functional and cohesive with your interests. As a foodie, I will probably end up buying mostly serving and entertaining items that can also act as part of the decor.
- Look for ideas and inspiration: You can check out Pinterest to see what others are creating or you can also look at your favorite store’s website to see what they offer. I checked out this Pier 1 Outdoor Oasis Pinterest board, as well as their website and I think I got a plan.
These are my inspiration pictures. What do you think?
As you can see, I like items that pop, with vivid colors and bold statements as they always help keep it a party outdoors. Now that I have a clear idea of what I like, the next step is to find the right pieces and I think the below Pier 1 items, full of summer brights, are perfect for alfresco entretaining and will go beautifully on my space.
These are all amazing. Which would you like to own?
I get so excited just thinking about it. Now that we have a plan, I will head out to my local Pier 1 store and you could do the same too, but don’t forge to try grilled corn. It is so good and you do not want to miss out.
PS. my favorite way of serving grilled corn is inspired on Mexican street corn or elotes, with a side of crema, lemon, cotija cheese and cilantro
- Corn on the cob
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Drizzle corn with olive olive and rub so it is lightly and evenly coated.
- Sprinkle generously with chili powder.
- Season it with salt to taste.
- Add a few sprinkles of sugar for more caramelization.
- Place seasoned corned on the grill on high and turn them around covering each side for two minutes.