If you are a regular reader, you probably know how keen I am about family and sharing with loved ones. For me, the best way to say ‘I love you’ and spend quality time with those I truly cherish, is through food. Sitting around the table, laughing, eating good eats and sipping on my favorite drink is my way of spending a wonderful time. When I entertain at home, most of the time I do not ask my guests to bring a single thing, but if they insist, I suggest they bring their favorite wine. More and more of our friends are choosing Moscato, the deliciously sweet wine that has everyone talking. It is so popular that there is even a national day for it. May 9th was National Moscato Day. I am a fan of Moscato too because it is a flavorful wine perfect to enjoy during more casual occasions. I really like Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato, and I use it both for cooking and drinking. They offer White, Red and Pink Moscato.
The Pink Moscato has notes of aromatic orange blossom – which to me goes really well with other fruity flavors like peaches – plus the sweet refreshing taste of Moscato pairs well with spicy dishes. That is how I came up with these incredible pork chops that you must try at home. What makes this pork chop recipe so incredible is really the Moscato peach-chipotle sauce, which would go really well over chicken or fish too.
To make the sauce, simmer fresh chopped peaches with Pink Moscato and a hint of chipotle in adobo. I added marjoram at the end too, as it is an herb with citrus notes that really compliments the peach, Moscato and chipotle flavors.
After searing the pork chops, I covered them in all the yumminess created by reducing the Moscato with the peaches and baked them so they would get glazed. I totally recommend serving this recipe with the Pink Moscato as well.
The Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato has a suggested retail price of $5 a bottle. This wonderful and refreshing wine is a must have for summer entertaining. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and stay up to date with their offers.
- 1 ½ cup Gallo Family Vineyards Pink Moscato
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 thick cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the Pink Moscato to a pot over medium high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to low and let it simmer.
- Add brown sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar dissolves add chipotle in adobo sauce and stir until well combined.
- Lastly, add chopped peaches and let it cook until peaches are soft and tender about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped marjoram and cook for five more minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sear pork chops on a saute pan over high heat with olive oil for about 1 to 2 minutes each side until it browns.
- Place pork chops in an oven safe container and pour moscato peach-chipotle sauce on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.