Less is more. I say that all the time and can’t agree more with that statement. When it comes to cooking, I sometimes feel the same way specially if I am hosting a big party. Those are the times that I am in real need of simple but impactful recipes. Same goes for when I am hungry and want to eat something that is good for me but that can be made with little effort and still taste great. If you get what I am saying then I got you my number one go to good-for-me snack and the easiest party appetizer: Roasted Chickpeas.
These babies can act as a delicious snack for you to munch during the day, something light for your guests to munch on before a meal or even be part of a meal. Sprinkle a few of these crunchy chickpeas over a salad or even over soup to act as croutons and add interesting texture. I think they are the bomb and I can’t believe it took me so long to discover them.
You can roast them as is, with a touch of salt, but to make them even more exciting I like to sprinkle them with some taco seasoning. I always have Old El Paso taco seasoning around because it works wonders to season meats, rice, soup and…. chickpeas!
What’s even more surprising about this recipe, is how easy it is to make.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Pat dry and toss them with olive oil and taco seasoning
- Bake them and…
You’ll get the most awesome, packed with protein and fiber, chickpeas. Enjoy!
- 2 (15 ounces) cans chickpeas / garbanzo beans
- ½ packet Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Pat them dry and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss chickpeas with taco seasoning and olive oil. Bake them on a 400 F degree preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve them warm.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but as always all opinions are 100% my own.