I have a situation when it comes to ordering a sub. There is no way around it. I always order the same exact one. Philly Cheese Steak! Oh Yeah! Does that happen to you to? Are there certain things you have considering changing but just can’t? I am all about food that is warm, full of flavor and makes me want to keep eating. And that is what the combination of steak, sauté veggies and cheese does to me.
Have you had a Philly Cheese Steak? The first time I went to Philadelphia I was there for three days and ate a Philly Cheese Steak each single day. I firs wat just curious, the second one I immediately wanted and then the last day, of course I had to say good bye with another one. I’ve yet mastered the flavors of a traditional Philly Steak but I sure do love my version and I have it not just in buns, but as the main meat of a dinner with a side of potatoes or as a satisfying taco filling. This Bold Cheese Steak Taco has been the best combination yet.
Cheese makes everything better which is the case of this steak, onions and peppers covered in loads of melted cheese. So is the case of the Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells. Which is why I decided to combine the two.
This fun taco shell can take a huge amount of filling. The perfect shell for those who love a filled to the rim taco like me.
And it is so convenient for entertaining as it stands on its own.
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells, warmed
- 3 medium sized vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 medium sized green bell pepper, julienned
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ pound strip loin, trimmed
- 2 cups provolone cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and peppers with a drizzle of olive oil, over medium high heat. Add cumin and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook steak seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, until desire doneness.
- Combine steak and peppers tossing well.
- Cover steak and pepper mixture with cheese and let it melt over.
- Fill taco shells with cheese steak mixture and top with sour cream or any topping of preference
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign but all opinions, like always, are 100% my own. Enjoy!