Weeknight meals do not have to be boring, and they don’t have to be complicated either. With a little imagination and the help of Old El Paso I like to make fresh and fun dinners in no time. One of my favorite items is the Stand ‘N Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas. They can be crisped up, use as is, filled, baked; no matter how you prepare them, they are so cool to eat. They make dinner time an adventure because when I cook with them my dinners become a complete new experience.
This time I’ve stuffed them with a fresh, spring rice filled with tropical flavors like pineapple, lime, and cilantro.
I’ve covered them with lots of cheese and bake them until perfection.
This dish can work as a filling side dish, or can be eaten on its own as a vegetarian meal, as well as you could top it with veggies or protein like shrimp. The possibilities are endless when filling these Stand ‘N Stuff™ Tortillas and you will look like a chef serving an impressive meal.
- 1 package (8) Stand 'N Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups pineapple, small cubes
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
- In a sautee pan, combine and warm through rice, pineapple, cilantro and lime.
- Distribute rice mixture on the 8 Stand 'N Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas.
- Cover each Stand 'N Stuff™ Tortilla with grated cheese.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and the edges of the tortillas have turned golden brown.
- Enjoy as a side dish, a full vegetarian meal, or with extra veggies or protein on top.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign but all opinions, like always, are 100% my own. Enjoy!