Give your bacon a kick of flavor with this sweet and spicy combination. Watch the video to see how easy you can make this Sweet and Spicy Glazed Bacon.
Take your bacon up a notch by glazing it with sweet brown sugar and spicy taco seasoning mix. This is a wonderful idea that goes well as a side, on a breakfast sandwich, cracked on a salad, or on a Mexican inspired burger. Oh! breakfast will not be the same once you serve bacon this way.
The texture becomes a bit chewy from the sugar caramelization, but the bacon gets crispy enough to give texture to any meal. You can use any level of heat in the taco seasoning mix and the result will be just as amazing.
Here are a few other recipes where I would use this bacon:
- 1 package Old El Paso Hot and Spicy Taco Seasoning Mix
- ¼ cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 pound of bacon
- Mix taco seasoning mix and brown sugar together, until well combined
- Place each bacon slice separately on a baking rack
- Sprinkle each bacon slice generously with the brown sugar and taco seasoning mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on a 400° preheated oven
- Remove from the oven and let it cool a few minutes before serving it.