Begin your day right with a simple but impressive breakfast. These Huevos Rancheros Taco Bowls will satisfy you with each bite.
Huevos Rancheros are an easy way to dress up your eggs. Traditionally made by frying the egg and serving it around spicy salsa, this Mexican classic is mostly enjoyed with tortillas on the side. If you are looking for a fresh twist on Huevos Rancheros, this recipe is for you. It is fun and so convenient to bake the eggs in a taco bowl instead of frying it. I used fresh tomatoes but you could use salsa, peppers or any other veggie you would like. I topped it with cheese and cilantro and it has a base of refried beans that adds a layer of texture and flavor that will kickoff your day right.
This recipe is great for any day of the week and even for dinner too. Enjoy!
- Place refried beans in the bottom of the Old El Paso Taco Bowls.
Arrange chopped tomatoes around it forming a nest to hold the egg.
-Once the egg is in place you can season it with salt and pepper, taco seasoning or any flavors you prefer.
-Bake it all for about 15 minutes or until the egg is set to your liking. I topped it with lots of cheese, cilantro and I love to add a splash of lime to it as well.
- 1 package (8) Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Soft Tortillas
- 1 cup Old El Paso refried beans
- 4 medium steak tomatoes, cubed
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 400° F .
- Spread about two tablespoons of refried beans on the bottom of each soft taco bowl.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes around the sides of the bowl forming a well for the egg.
- Drop an egg in the center.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes for runny eggs of a bit longer depending on how you desire your eggs to be cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve with queso fresco and cilantro on top.
*Disclosure: this is part of a sponsored campaign but all ideas and opinions, as always, are 100% my own.