If you love enchiladas and burgers then you are in for a treat. This juicy burger full of enchilada sauce is simply perfection. With only two ingredients, these burger patties are easy to make, perfect for a quick dinner, and loaded with flavor.
Making burgers at home is easier than you think. It can get complicated if you are trying to follow a recipe with too many ingredients. That’s why it’s best to look for ingredients that can give your burgers that kick of flavor on its own. Enchilada sauce is one of those condiments that will do the trick. It is a tomato-based sauce made with a blend of Mexican inspired spices that will enhance any recipe. It can be used in chicken, rice, stews, and as you can see here, burger recipes too. The sauce is the only added ingredient to the beef, which is really convenient and makes the patties extra juicy.
Once the patties are almost cooked. Add some extra sauce on top and cover the patty with cheese, just like you will with an enchilada.
Place the burger on a bet of lettuce between two buns and use cool sour cream and chopped cilantro to go with it as well. No need for more. This is the perfect combination.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 burger buns
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Mix the ground beef with ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, and salt to taste.
- Form burger patties. About 6 per pound.
- Cook on a hot grill or skillet about 4 minutes on each side for medium cook.
- After flipping the patties once and almost cooked, cover with extra enchilada sauce and grated cheese divided evenly between all patties.
- Let the cheese melt and it will be ready to assemble.
- Assemble burger by placing lettuce as the base of the burger bun, then place the cooked patty, top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign as part of the Old El Paso #FreshestBloggers program, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you here on Hungry Food Love.