What’s in a color? There are definitely proven effects caused by certain colors. The power of color has been used for ages in medicine, advertising, interior designing strategies, and even in the kitchen. Yes, color is also a big important factor when creating a dish. I mean, look at this gorgeous red cranberry sauce. Doesn’t that red, white and green combination gives you the Holiday vibes? Oh yeah, it screams is that time of the season again. Are you ready?
I could not be any happier. I love all that comes with getting together for Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you also have reasons to celebrate this season, then make sure you add this Tabasco Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce to your list of things to try and be merry about. It is spectacular as a side sauce and even better over cream cheese like I served it above.
To make it, all you need is to mix all the ingredients together and let heat do its thing.
Right at the end is when I like to add the Tabasco Sweet and Spicy sauce, which with its mild spice level, helps balance out the tangy flavor of the cranberries. The sweet heat gives a subtle but richer and bolder taste profile to the sauce.
You can pour the sauce over cheese of your choice like brie or regular cream cheese, serve the sauce on the side for dipping, make ahead crostini or prepare cute cracker servings like the ones above. No matter what the color and taste of this sauce will captivate anyone who tries it. Give it a try!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- Add in a sauce pan cranberries, brown sugar, water, and cornstarch.
- Mix ingredients well and place pan on high heat to bring mixture to a boil.
- Once mixture is bubbling, bring heat to low and stir often for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries start to break down and mixture begins to thicken.
- Right before removing from heat, add the Tabasco Sweet and Spicy sauce and mix well once more.
- Remove from heat and serve chilled.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign as part of the #TABASCOtastemakers program, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you here on Hungry Food Love.