Hi hungry food lovers! How has 2016 treated you so far? For me, it’s already going so fast. Why? Well, let’s go back approximately eight months ago when I made this huge announcement. As you can imagine, it completely changed my life (including not being able to blog as often as I wanted, sorry for that, but I hope you understand). So yeah, that’s why 2016 has been flying by… BabyE arrived and my hands are full (see his picture on Instagram). BUT do not worry. This does not mean there will be another hiatus. This actually means I have more reasons to keep blogging, new inspiration, and new motivation to just give my very best. So one of my new year’s resolutions is to keep up the good work here on the blog, share more recipes, tell you more about my personal experiences, and be more active on social media. So please stay around and enjoy all the cool things I plan to share this year.
Talking about new year’s resolution, what are yours? I only have a few of them and of course one is to try to eat better and include more salads in my diet. Are you a salad eater? Would you like to see more salads in the blog? I hope you do cause we are starting the year with one. A really good one I should say.
If one of your resolutions for the new year is too eat more salads, look no further. This Shrimp Kale salad with Taco Vinaigrette is the answer to sticking to your resolution all year long. Eating veggies does not mean compromising flavor and this salad is proof of it.
I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix to add the right amount of bold taste to both the shrimp and the vinaigrette for this salad. I actually have used taco mix in just about anything: to season meats, rice, seafood, soups, dips, you name it.
Coming up with this vinaigrette was a no brainer. I knew I wanted to start eating more salads and for that I need a kick of flavor, which the taco seasoning worked great. The other great tip for sticking to eating more salads for me is to add fruits. Mango is one of those fruits I could eat everyday so I added mango to this recipe as well. I hope you get to try it. Enjoy!
BTW here are other vinaigrettes, sauces, and dressings to boost your salads:
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound medium size shrimps (about 30) peeled and deveined
- 6 cups kale, desteemed and chopped
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups red bell pepper, small diced
- 2 cups mango, small diced
- 2 cups avocados, chopped
- 2 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Season shrimp with ¾ of the Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and saute for a few minutes on each side until the shrimp are no longer clear and have a nice pink color on the outside.
- In a bowl serve the kale and top it with all the toppings: beans, red pepper, mango, avocado, radishes and shrimp.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the rest of the olive oil with the lime juice, sugar, and 2 teaspoons of the Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- Serve salad with a good drizzle of the taco vinaigrette
Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you on Hungry Food Love.