Take a close look at this pretty dessert. Cuteness overload! What are they you may ask? Tarts? Sure! They can be tarts alright, but I did not have to work a pastry dough to make them. I did them with my secret ingredient: mini tortilla boats.
Yup, I used tortillas to make this gorgeous dessert, cause who said tacos couldn’t be sweet and fancy? Well yes, yes they can. Specially now that Old El Paso offers this amazing new product: mini taco boats. I originally started using their regular size Taco Boats and I love’em because we all know that trying to keep soft tortilla tacos up and filled to the rim is a real challenge, but not with the shape of the taco boats. They are easy to hold, and perfectly shaped to stay filled without a mess. At first I could not think a better tortilla product could exists, until then came the mini boats. Game changers!
I love the mini taco boats for appetizers, and I did this fantastic recipe using them. This time I wanted to try something different and went the sweet side. All it took was for me to bake the mini boats and they reminded me of tarts.
By filling them with chocolate ganache and caramel you immediately know you are on the right path. Top it with whipped cream and berries and you’ve made it. Oh my how crazy good this is! The crunch of the tortilla with the silky center is just out of this world.
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Raspberries or another berry of your liking
- Pistachios or other nut of your liking
- Place mini taco boats on a baking sheet.
- Bake them at 375° for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- When the cream has come to a boil, pour it over the chocolate chips, and whisk until silky and smooth.
- Pour chocolate sauce on each baked mini taco boat and fill about half way up.
- Chill the mini boats in the refrigerator for about 1 hour until the chocolate sauce sets.
- Once the chocolate sauce has set, pour a layer of caramel sauce and top with whipped cream, berries, and chopped pistachio (optional)
Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you on Hungry Food Love.