Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Nabisco and Latina Bloggers Connect. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with to create new recipes for you. As always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own.
What a gorgeous tray of frozen yogurt sandwiches, right? Well this is how I surprised my daughter after she came home from running weekend errands with her dad. I knew she would want a snack so I was ready with this refreshing idea that’s perfect for the Spring season.
Growing up we would always have merienda after school. Merienda is the word in Spanish for that light meal or snack that one would have between meals to hold you over until the next one. I remember always coming home after school and asking my mom what we would have for merienda that day. Some times I would ask her for the merienda before even saying hello and that’s why now as a mom I am always ready for my “Little L” when she gets home.
I am so happy that with the help of Nabisco I get to share the tradition of merienda with my daughter, as this recipe has been inspired by Nabisco’s Honey Maid Frozen Lime Bars. They totally remind me of my favorite childhood merienda combo: limonada y galletas / ice cold limeade and cookies.
This recipe is really easy to make, it calls for just three ingredients, and the Nabisco Honey Maid grahams work so well to make the frozen yogurt sandwiches.
- Freeze yogurt
- Mix in fresh lime juice and zest
- Fill grahams crackers
- Top with another cracker to form a sandwich
- Freeze for a bit more and enjoy
I really love this idea and will probably make it all the time. It’s really awesome that Nabisco is providing a variety of fun and delicious Latino-inspired recipes that are just right to treat the family. As el día del niño is coming up, I will surely be looking on this Nabisco Pinterest board for more ideas to make something super special for día del niño, and for future meriendas with my girl too.
Oh and one more treat! Here is a $1 off coupon to buy your favorite Nabisco product.
- 8 Nabisco Honey Maid Grahams
- 16 ounces vanilla yogurt
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cut graham cookies in half to form squares, and set aside.
- Place yogurt in the freezer for about 1 hour
- Once the yogurt is frozen, mix it well with the lime juice and zest.
- Top each graham cracker half with the frozen yogurt and lime mixture.
- Cover each graham cracker half with a second half to form a sandwich.
- With the help of a spoon or knife, remove excess yogurt from the sides of the sandwiches.
- Pace them on the freezer until yogurt is firm again, about 1 more hour.
TIP: The frozen yogurt sandwiches are best served cold, but let them rest out of the freezer for a few minutes before eating them. This will allow your kids to take smoother bites and the yogurt will be softer and not rock solid.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nabisco. The opinions and text are all mine.