I’ve found a new way to make eggs. Oh my, oh my! You got to trust me when I say this is the most flavorful way to poach eggs ever! and I bet you will love it.
Eggs are quintessential ingredient for breakfast in my home. We really love a runny egg yolk over a toast, hash browns, or even veggies. I could not imagine my life without eggs, but I have to admit that sometimes it can get tiring to make them the same way right? Scrambled, fried, poached, or boiled are pretty much the methods I’ve tried in my kitchen. But what I’ve found is that by switching up the ingredients when trying any of these methods, can make a big difference.
My latest adventure has been to poach eggs in crushed tomatoes. It is easy, different and it adds instant flavor to the eggs. To make it an even more complete and flavorful dish I’ve added beans to the tomatoes, and seasoned it with taco seasoning mix.
The flavor combinations go so well together and it is the perfect base to set the eggs in.
To enjoy these eggs, we take soft tortillas and dip them in the sauce and yolk.
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 eggs
- Avocado and Cilantro to garnish, optional
- Old El Paso Soft Tortillas to serve
- Add to a skillet over medium high heat the crushed tomatoes, black beans, and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring mixture to boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until all the flavors have combined and the mixture has warmed through.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture and season the top of each egg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet in low heat and keep cooking the eggs until whites are set and the yolks are still runny, or until your desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and avocado
- Serve with soft tortillas
Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you on Hungry Food Love.