Grapes are one of my favorite fruits. I love sitting down with a big bunch of grapes and eat them on a hot summer day. I did not use to do much with grapes besides eating them as is, but after I tried them roasted, I now put them on everything.
Roasting them is easy, all you got to do is add a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and on the oven they go. After roasting in the hot oven for a while, their skins will get slightly crisp and caramelized while the inside gets super soft and extra juicy. They come out tasting like candy.
The sweet taste of roasted grapes is the perfect contrast for a bold and savory grilled steak. Put the two between warm flour tortillas, a sprinkle of cheese and cilantro, and you got yourself a bomb combination.
Look how gorgeous they come out. Such a beautiful side dish and excellent complement on these tacos.
So skip the salsa next time and try them on steak tacos for a surprising combination that will become one of your favorites.
- 1 lb seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1½ lbs)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup Queso Blanco cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas
- Place grapes on a baking sheet and season them with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast grapes for 25 minutes on a 400° oven. The will come out warm and caramelized.
- While grapes are in the oven season flank steak with Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix. Grill or cook the steak in a pan searing on both sides, and letting it cook until it reaches your desire doneness.
- Meanwhile get your tortillas, cilantro and cheese ready.
- Once all is cook, cut the steak against the grain into 2-3 inches strips and assemble the tacos with all the ingredients: steak, grapes, cheese, and cilantro.
Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you on Hungry Food Love.