Hi Friends? So, we all know I am a foodie but have I shared my love for home decor? Yup! I am a sucker for HGTV and specially anything DIY related. I just think it’s fascinating how people can be so creative and find ways to repurpose and reuse old items or things that are meant for one thing and can be transformed for another. I wish I had that talent but no, I am neither handy nor crafty. Where I am good at is in the kitchen and that is where I am always repurposing the ingredients that I love into new fun creations. Like this recipe that you must try.
So what’s the repurposing here? Well, look at that cheesecake crunch. It has the most awesome texture and was super easily made with Cocoa Pebbles. Just crush them and mix with butter and you are all set.
To make this recipe even easier is a no-bake one which I love this time of the year. A slice of cool cheesecake is just what I want after a light summer meal. The light, cloud like filling is made of melted chocolate, whipped cream and cream cheese.
Think outside the box – give new life to your Cocoa Pebbles cereal box by transforming it into something spectacular like this cheesecake.
- 4 cups Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- ¾ cup salted butter, melted
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 2 ounces dark chocolate bar, rough chopped
- Place cereal in a food processor and pulse until it is mostly crushed but not pulverized.
- In a bowl mix crushed cereal and melted butter until well combined.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 inch spring from pan with wax paper and press the cereal and butter mix into the bottom only. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips using a microwave or double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly.
- With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and vanilla until it is light and extra creamy. Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly, add it to the cream cheese and beat again until well combined.
- Whip whipping cream and powder sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the chocolate and cream cheese mixture making sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour this mixture to the spring form pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and pass a knife around the edges of the pan before releasing the spring form.
- Top the cheesecake with the rough chopped dark chocolate bar as a garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you on Hungry Food Love.