One of my favorite cooking hacks is making tortilla pizzas. Soft tortillas are like the perfect thin crust and work so well to make individual pizzas at home.I make them all the time. And because I am always playing around creative ways to repurpose leftover tortillas, I was (as you probably know by now) immediately hooked by the Old El Paso Taco Boats. They are simply genius and allow me to make “deep dish” tortilla pizzas, if you will. Like this pizza Margherita taco boats which are filled with a nice layer of marinara sauce and a generous layer of cheese, which I love.
As a cheese lover, the all cheese filling is perfect for me with the pesto and tomato topping, but if you rather have less cheese you could add a layer of shredded chicken or sausage in between the sauce and the cheese. Either way will be delicious!
In just a few steps and with only a handful of ingredients you can completely transform your dinner plans and enjoy this deliciousness. Enjoy!
- 1 package Old El Paso Soft Tortilla Taco Boats, 8 count
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 16 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- On a 350 preheated oven, place the taco boats to get crispy for about five minutes
- Once out of the oven add about two tablespoons of marinara sauce on each, followed by lots of mozzarella cheese and then topped with about ½ tablespoon of pesto and sprinkle the fresh tomatoes.
- Place the filled taco boats in the oven again for fie more minutes.
- Once out of the oven let them rest a minute or two before eating them.