If you love Jalapeño Poppers, I promise this Quesadilla tastes just like them. I came up with this recipe as Jalapeño Poppers are my ultimate guilty pleasure. When I was in college I remember always ordering Jalapeño Poppers every time we went out to a bar or even getting them from the frozen section at the grocery store. But I can’t remember when was the last time I did such a thing, as I now love to make them fresh at home. They are supper easy but making them Quesadilla style is even much more simple.
Enjoy it in just three easy steps:
1- Mix the cheeses
3- Crisp up the quesadillas on each side
Oh I just drooled looking at this picture.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 package Old El Paso Flour Tortillas, 8-count for Burritos
- 1 cup Old El Paso Jalapeño slices
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Spread cheese mixture onto four of the tortillas
- Place as many Jalapeño slices as you desire on top of the spreader cheese mixture. I added about 8 to 10 for mild heat and just a nice subtle kick.
- Cover this with another tortilla to form the quesadilla
- On a pan over medium heat add a little bit of oil and once hot and well distributed, fry the quesadilla searing each side in order for it to get crispy, golden and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve cut into triangles with your favorite condiments.
Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign, but as always all recipes and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the great brands that I get to work with and that make it possible for new content to be created for you on Hungry Food Love.