Hello! My name is Melissa. Welcome to Hungry Food Love!
photo taken by Roseanna Lynn Photography
I am a simple girl that enjoys demonstrating love through food. Every time I whip-up a super yummy dish, I just feel like yelling out the window how awesome food makes me feel, but then again, why would anyone do that? So instead I am just going to write it all down and share it with you through this blog.
10 random things to tell you more about me:
- Born and raised in the Dominican Republic
- As a child I wanted to be a soap opera actress
- Favorite past times: cooking and eating
- I also love watching the sky, true friendships, dancing in the rain and lending a hand
- Moved to the United States to attend college and get my MS degree
- Fell in love and started a family in Upstate New York
- During the day I work in corporate America as a Marketing professional
- I am trying to quit doing pranks but I enjoy being silly and playing jokes
- Writing about food and culture is my true passion
- I am a miracle of God’s love and my faith keeps me afloat
About this blog:
Hungry Food Love was born out of my love for love, delicious eats and kind souls. I wanted to create a space where I could express myself sharing encouraging messages of LOVE while discovering and learning more about FOOD. The term HUNGRY stems from the fact that a personal life goal of mine has always been to raise both awareness and money to help kids in hunger in my beloved Dominican Republic.
Through this blog I will talk just about anything and everything that can bring you positive light. On Mondays I post a Latin inspired recipe through the food series LUNES LATINOS and one more recipe post is ussually shared during the week that aims to teach you new tricks for easy entertaining and simple but super yummy eating.
Take a look at some of the collaborations, features and love this blog has received by visiting the Highlights page.
About the best in my life:
The kitchen is my favorite room in the whole house, here my precious Little L, Mr. B. and I create new memories every day.
- As you can see below, Mr. B, my wonderful husband, is very hands-on in the kitchen.
- And here is Little L, our great companion that keeps us always smiling, busy and entertained.
My dear reader, first of all let me tell you how happy it makes me to know that you are here. It is an honor and although I don’t know much about you yet, I do want to know more and would love to become your friend. So please, join the conversations, comment on the posts, tell me what you think, share your stories, contact me, give me ideas and always come back for more. I am so stoked that you are here and for that, Gracias!
Lets stay connected! – Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and please don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE